- Fall In-lesson Recital: This recital is performed by only the student during their lesson time the last week in October. The student performs two pieces based on either a Halloween or Fall/Autumn theme. The audience consists of the people the student chooses to invite (it must be at least 2 people and can be up to 12 people due to space constraints in the studio). Students are invited to dress up in costume if they celebrate Halloween and treats are served.
- Holiday Recital and Party:
In Colorado, this recital is a performance including all studio
students in a cozy home setting decorated for the holidays usually the
second or third weekend in December. One piece based on the
holidays/winter is performed for the entire studio and their families. A
party with treats and gifts always follows this performance. A
wonderful start to the holiday season!
Los Angeles, this recital takes place during the student's lesson and
they can invite a few friends and family to watch! A festive atmosphere
with the gift of music (and a little gift for the student at the end of
- Spring Parlor Recital:
- In Colorado, this recital includes student's choice of repertoire and
takes place at a home in Fort Collins, Loveland, or Windsor.
- In Los Angeles: student's are invited to play a piece or two pieces of their choice for a small audience during one of their lessons in May, or if a family or adult student offers their home for a recital setting, we can have a small parlor recital for all students.
Teacher's Association Recitals, Event Days and Competitions:
The Music Teacher's National Association local chapter for Glendale and the San Fernando East Valley chapter of Music Teacher's Association of California host several performing opportunities throughout the year. Students of the Eversole studio in LA are encouraged to participate in as many events as they can.
- Fall Piano Festival and Competitions (Fall Los Angeles)
- Holiday recitals (October and December Los Angeles)
- Certificate of Merit (Year long study with judging in March Los Angeles)
- Junior Bach Festival (April Los Angeles)
- Elementary/Intermediate/Advanced Recitals (Los Angeles throughout the year)
The National Association of Teachers of Singing Hosts two annual events. Both are competitions and meant for intermediate/advanced voice students from high school to professional level. It will be determined in lessons whether the student is ready for the NATS competitions. For more information visit NATSLA.
- The NATS Regional Auditions (Fall)
- The NATS Regional Vocal Competition (Spring)
I am more than happy to help singer/songwriters, wishing to perform their setlists, find performance venues in both Fort Collins and Los Angeles.
There are numerous
professional and community theaters in the region that hire or cast
local talent of all ages. They hold auditions throughout the year for
their various productions. Often to hear about auditions you must be a
part of their email list. The studio also tries to keep a list of the
upcoming auditions for those students interested in performing in
community theater. For a list of links to these theaters' websites
please see the links page. If there is a link you don't see, but think should be included, please let me know!